Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain Is Falling All Around!

Rain is falling all around
On the housetops, on the ground.
Rain is falling on my nose
On my head, and hands, and toes!

I came into school today (Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday - Holiday) to get caught up on some work. While I was working away, the first wave of the rain storm dumped buckets of water on Victoria School. When I got ready to go home, I discovered Lake Victoria! In the short time it rained here, it flooded our parking lot - half way across the front sidewalk!
They say that this is just the beginning of rain. Be sure to wear your rain gear... including rubber boots if you have any!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe the parking lot!?! I was a bit concerned about needing a sand bag or two on Monday- Our patio flooded quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete