Friday, July 31, 2009

Summer Staff Lounge Make-Over Project

Each summer, I take on a project at school to make it a better place. I enjoy watching programs on HGTV ... and what better place to try some of the ideas than at school! This year I decided to "Make-Over" the Teachers' Lounge as a surprise for the staff. Our "Lounge" has not been a place for staff to relax. It was more like a chaotic workroom with tables and chairs for staff to eat lunch. I wanted to create a place for the staff to get away from the demands of the classroom and rejuvenate, so after lunch they would be relaxed and ready to return to their students with a smile. Here are some BEFORE pictures:




AFTER: Because this space also houses our copy machines, I tried to divide the space to make a "Lounge" and a "Copy Center." All the paper, forms, and other supplies seen in the before pictures are now in the Teachers' Workroom (in the adjoining room).




What do you think? Would you like to eat lunch in our lounge now?

3 comments:

  1. hi aunt lari
    the lounge looks so much better i love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lari...What a wonderful place for us to not only eat but just to hang! Thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I haven't had a chance to come in and volunteer in my kids classes yet. I didn't know the lounge got a make over this summer. Turned out very nice!

    ReplyDelete